Hello, dear brothers and sisters!
My greatest desire and prayer for you is that the will of God might prevail in every area of your life,especially in your family life.
Family life can become a hell on earth, but I know everybody wants his or her family to be a heaven on earth. However, this does not happen automatically. It will take special efforts, and allowing Jesus to become the head and chief builder of your family.
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. (Ps.127:1).
For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. (Hebrews 3:4)
Jesus is the head and the chief builder of the happy family.
Allow God to guide your family and to build your house. For it is only then will your efforts bear fruits.
How does God build a house or guide us in our family life? He does that through His Word!
The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. (Psalm 19:8)
God’s revelation strengthens our hearts and impact divine wisdom to us. It is through this Divine wisdom and understanding our house can be built and established.
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; (Proverbs 24:3)
This is why the Bible invites us to seek wisdom in God’s Word:
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (Josua 1:8)
In case your family is going through a tough time right now, try to apply the following godly advices:
- Pray and seek help from God. Read Bible and meditate over the promises of God.
- Calm down before God and let go all your bad mood. (Never make any serious decision under the influence of your bad mood.)
- Do not try to speak when you are angry. Cool down. Remember, words can hurt people.
- Do not resent yourself. Remember, Jesus loves you anyway.
- Always be ready to forgive.
- In case you have constant arguments with your spouse, ask yourself a question, have I decided to love or not to love him/her?
- do you need to try and look with the eyes of Christ? What do you see?
- Recall all the nice and sweet moments from the beginning of your relationship. Why did you choose him/her as a your life partner?
May God strengthen your hand to build strong and God fearing family.
May the piece of God fill your house!
Pastor Rufus Ajiboye