Good day dear friends!
Thanks God for this wonderful day He gave to us! Thanks God for another opportunity to get filled with His living word! As we concluded yesterday, we have to become obedient disciples, so that our families, our church and our towns can be stirred. God uses obedient disciples to fulfil His prophesies and restore His will on Earth. Even more, we have to be ready to go wherever God sends us to. Thus we can fulfil our calling. Obedience to call begins with obedience to short instructions God gives to us through His word and our leaders in Christ.
It´s also important to know that Jesus knows everything, He possesses all hidden information, necessary for our mission. That´s why obedience to the Lord who knows everything is vitally important! When Jesus had a need for a donkey to ride upon to Jerusalem, He knew where to find the animal. He knew where to go and find that donkey. He knew how to bring that donkey to Him.
* He also knew what the master of the donkey would say to His request and what the disciples had to say in reply. God knows everything that is necessary to stir things up.
* We are required to maintain fellowship with Him so that we can hear His voice, receive His instructions and follow them afterwards. If we are clear on that God knows everything we have to learn how to listen to Him and obey His word!
* To become obedient disciples we have to listen to His word and His voice addressed to us personally. Some people excuse themselves saying God has not told them what to do yet, while having attended the church for years. The most terrible point is that such people having their Bibles closed daily and weekly will never get any message from the Lord. Each time we open the Bible Holy Spirit talks to us through His word.
* We need certain fellowship habits with God. We wake up in the morning and as obedient disciples we want to know what God wants us to do today. Maybe He wants us to phone somebody or pray for somebody, maybe He wants us to testify about Christ or write a letter, maybe He wants us to visit somebody to cheer him or her up and have fellowship. God knows everything – where somebody is in need, where to find the resources to meet those needs. God is looking for obedient disciples who follow Him to break all ties and move forward, those who dedicate themselves to building the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
Who are ready to become such tool today?
* There are different ministries in the church today. We have those only by virtue of some people who dedicated themselves and their talents, their time, energy and their finances to serve the Lord and people around them.
* There are many people in the church still bound, so those need to be untied. There are many things that can bind us like sin, forgivingness, pride, selfishness, fear, uncertainty, different problems with relationships, but Jesus came to this world to set us free.
* Obey to go and you will be set free. When God tells you to forgive – forgive! When God says “Go!” – just go! As simple as that! Fear not, be free!
* Any kind of fear is a rebellion! Israel is a good example. When they moved out of Egypt they faced the giants and got scared. Describing those events the Bible says the Israelites didn´t enter the promised land due to their unbelief and disobedience.
«Seeing therefore it remains that some should enter therein, and they to whom the good news was before preached failed to enter in because of disobedience,» (Hebrews 4:6).
Here we see that fear is compared to disobedience.
What are you afraid of? When God has promised to be with you why should you fear of something or somebody? Even when you fail to manage something at the first attempt, don´t worry, you will succeed trying it for the fifth time. Watch a baby trying to walk. Having felt once does he quit the whole affair, lies on the floor and watch the other children walking beside? Not at all! The baby falls then stands up, falls then stands up over and over again as long as he has learned how to walk and run.
Fear not, stand up and go and God will be with you!
God bless you abundantly!
Rufus Adjiboye, pastor